Presenting Four-Time New York Times Bestselling Author Susan Vreeland
Author Paints Picture of WWII France in Lisette’s List
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – Using the pages of a novel as her canvas, New York Times bestselling author of Girl in Hyacinth Blue Susan Vreeland once again paints a hauntingly beautiful work of art in Lisette’s List, releasing August 26 from Random House.
Reminiscent of the theme of the popular Monuments Men film by George Clooney, Lisette’s List tells the story of a woman’s yearning for art at a time when her family’s collection of paintings had to be hidden from Nazi art thieves. Lisette moves with her husband from the bustling city of Paris to the picturesque village of Roussillon in Provence. There, they care for his grandfather, who connected deeply with the artwork of the impoverished Impressionist painter Pissarro. As World War II rumbles, Lisette’s husband hides his grandfather’s paintings and enlists in the military. When Southern France is occupied, a German officer forces Lisette to reveal where they hid Pissarro’s paintings. But once they reach the hiding place, Lisette discovers the artwork had been mysteriously stolen. A three-year search begins. Click here to read the full press release, as well as access more info on the book, the author, and a Q&A with Susan!
2nd & Church Hits Kentucky’s Bourbon Trail
Even though our Southern Food issue is over a year away, work has begun already. Book reviewers are reading. Story assignments continue. And…oh yeah…starting this weekend, technical writer and motorcyclist Jennifer Eskew leads a motley crew across Kentucky's bourbon trail, "feasting on asphalt" style, cooking selections along the way from the book Bourbon: a Savor the South Cookbook by Kathleen Purvis. Jennifer is shown here riding along Deals Gap (aka: The Dragon, US 129), a mountain pass along the North Carolina–Tennessee state line, bordering the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. (Photo by Darryl Cannon) Click here to learn more about this exciting issue!
James River Writers Conference returning for 12th year with impressive lineup of speakers, workshops
Registration is open for one of Virginia’s most popular events for writers
RICHMOND, Va. – What do New York Times bestselling authors, literary agents, and award-winning illustrators have in common? They’re all going to be networking and sharing a wealth of knowledge at the 12th annual James River Writers Conference. Click here to read the full press release and watch a video related to the conference!
Multi-Award Winning Author Gina Holmes Introduces Newest Book: Driftwood Tides
Inspirational bestselling novelist Gina Holmes paints a picture of painful secrets, deception, and forgiveness in her newest release, Driftwood Tides (Sept. 1, 2014, Tyndale House Publishing).
Click here for a Q&A with the author.
In the book, a widowed husband is mourning the death of his beloved wife and has resolved to live a life of seclusion, drinking away his pain on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. A knock on the door changes everything for Holton. Claiming to be a friend of his late wife, 23-year-old Libby mysteriously shows up asking for a job. But she has a secret. Click here to read the full press release.
Wanna Browse Any of Our Issues for Free?
Not sure if you want to subscribe to 2nd & Church? Want to preview it first? Maybe you don't have an iPad to download the free digital copy? Not to worry! There's another way to browse all of our issues online...for free...and you don't even have to register online; we know some people don't like doing that sort of thing. Click here for the six easy, free, safe steps.
- Isabella’s Libretto Launches at Parnassus Books
- Funky, fun rhymes fill Emmy-nominated songwriter’s book for kids
- Beat Icon Jack Kerouac Plays Noteworthy Role in Award-Winning Author Barbara Shoup’s Eighth Book
- Lawyer, Professor, Novelist Michael H. Rubin Debuts The Cottoncrest Curse
- Chicago’s Richard Engling remembers friend Fern Chertkow with the Afterlife Trilogy
- Award-winning author Roy Hoffman's new Come Landfall
- Nashville Author Releases New Paranormal Thriller Novel
- Paul D. Parsons discussed, signed copies of latest novel
- Together Again: Old Friends Howlin' through Nashville
- On February 25, Nashville Author J.T. Ellison will read and sign copies of her latest book, When Shadows Fall. 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Barnes & Noble Cool Springs, Brentwood, Tennessee.
- National Bestseller Author Lisa Wingate to Read in Nashville
- Publisher's Weekly Declares Mims: Solid Debut: Hiding Gladys is the first installment of the Cleo Cooper Mystery Series